[U-Boot-Users] Status of the Yaffs patches?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Apr 29 07:08:00 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Can anyone give me an update on the status of integrating YAFFS binary
> > image reading and writing into U-Boot?
>
> I think they got lost, most probably because  the  patches  were  not
> posted inline but just as a reference to some URI.

I'm not sure if that's what Stuart is referring to. YAFFS "binary images" can
be read and written without problems with the current code (since years). You
need to use the ".jffs2/.i" option for skipping bad blocks.

But if you are referring to the YAFFS filesystem support in U-Boot, then the
work Wolfgang is referring to is currently available in the mtd-2.6.22.1
branch of the u-boot-nand-flash repository. I have to admit that I'm not sure
if the YAFFS support has already been integrated though. Unfortunately this
branch still has some problems and I didn't get enough feedback/patches to
fix those problems. So we can't merge this stuff into mainline yet.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de