[U-Boot-Users] Status of the Yaffs patches?

William Juul william.juul at tandberg.com
Tue Apr 29 15:27:47 CEST 2008

The branch Stefan is referring to should contain a working yaffs
implementation. We have had yaffs working on two boards (ARM and PPC)
for more than 6 months now.

The outstanding issues on the branch is with respect to the MTD
implementation (which we ported from current Linux at that time).

We have started to work out (some of) the problems. As we understood,
the biggest obstacle were missing implementation of read/write.i/jffs.
We are sending a patch for that to the mailing list now.

Other known issues with our MTD-port is missing commands for lock/unlock
  and lack of implementation/testing for OneNand.

We would really like for this to go into mainline U-boot, but we need
help from other developers as well as we do not have necessary HW.

Best regards
William