[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash.c and lost volatile qualifier

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 30 17:41:18 CEST 2008

In message <1209569696.16926.53.camel at gentoo-jocke.transmode.se> you wrote:

> There need be a get-the-endian-right-but-no-sync. After all
> 2.4 managed well without using the in/out be() functions.

Yes, but try building it with a recent version of  GCC  and  run  the
code  on  some  PPC  systems.  There  may  be some nasty surprises. I
remember that we had to fix a couple of drivers  in  our  old  2.4.25
kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
As a general rule, the freedom of any people can  be  judged  by  the
volume of their laughter.