No subject

Tue Aug 19 22:18:26 CEST 2008

working.
and so far ive spent 2days trying to hand control from u-boot to the linux
kernel.

In my opinion you should not use your vxWorks BSPs. the features in u-boot
are far better
than those we have in our vxWorks BSP.
You use alot of the values from your vxWorks for example the UPM tables.
The chip selects etc etc.
Just plug in those values from your vxWorks bsp into custom board u-boot
"bsp"
you should find you can get it running very quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Aldrich [mailto:david.aldrich at t-modus.nec.co.uk]
Sent: 10 December 2003 11:00
To: 'u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [U-Boot-Users] Linux port for MPC855T

Hi

I have newly subscribed to this mailing list.  I notice that neither the
ppcboot nor the uboot lists are presently archived on Sourceforge, so I
cannot see how active the lists are.  I wish to discuss Linux BSPs for
MPC855T.  Is the uboot list appropriate for such discussion?

I am evaluating the use of Embedded Linux on MPC860 PowerPC,
specifically the MPC855T.  I am currently requesting quotations from
Linux suppliers to port Linux to our 855T card.  Currently, we run
VxWorks on this card so a VxWorks BSP is fully tested.

I know that a major part of the port will be programming the 855T's UPM
(User Programmable Machine) that is responsible for setting up memory
controller, CPU core etc.  I would like advice on how to handle this.

- Should such setup be already available in an open source Linux MPC860
BSP?
- Should I try to make use of our existing BSP?
- Is it reasonable for the supplier to quote for BSP development or
should they be using open source code?

I will be grateful for any advice, as this is a very new area for me.

Best regards

David

Telecom MODUS is an ISO9001/TickIT approved Company.
LRQA Certificate of Approval reference 0965133
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS
ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE AND/OR PROPRIETARY.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please forward the whole
message to admin at t-modus.nec.co.uk
Company Registration No.3493954
Telephone Number +44 (0) 1372 381880
Fax Number +44 (0) 1372 381804