[U-Boot-Users] compilation problems

Gino Mariucci gino.mariucci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:59:54 CEST 2008

Dear friends,

I apologize for quite off topic questions, which is related to kernel
compilation instead of u-boot.
However I hope that someone would be so kind to help me to address the problem.
I'm working on a AT91SAM9260 board (which is quite similar to Atmel EK
board) compiling both u-boot and kernel sources with ELDK 4.1.
A couple a week ago I had the bad idea to install Fedora 9 on my
thinkpad and now I'm not able to compile the kernel. Here is enclosed
the messages I got during the first steps of compilation:

[gino at portatile linux-2.6.21]$ make uImage
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
 CHK     include/linux/version.h
 UPD     include/linux/version.h
 SYMLINK include/asm-arm/arch -> include/asm-arm/arch-at91
 Generating include/asm-arm/mach-types.h
 CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
 UPD     include/linux/utsrelease.h
 SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm
 CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
 GEN     include/asm-arm/asm-offsets.h
 CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
 HOSTCC  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
 MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
 HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
 HOSTCC  scripts/mod/modpost.o
 HOSTCC  scripts/mod/sumversion.o
scripts/mod/sumversion.c: In function "get_src_version":
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: "PATH_MAX" undeclared (first use
in this function)
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: for each function it appears in.)
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: warning: unused variable "filelist"
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/sumversion.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make: *** [scripts] Error 2

Any ideas?
Many thanks