[U-Boot-Users] compilation problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 1 15:56:14 CEST 2008

Dear Gino,

in message <a07e999b0808010559r35fec55ehe103db4a84ac4157 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> However I hope that someone would be so kind to help me to address the problem.
> I'm working on a AT91SAM9260 board (which is quite similar to Atmel EK
> board) compiling both u-boot and kernel sources with ELDK 4.1.
> A couple a week ago I had the bad idea to install Fedora 9 on my

THis is not the fault of Fedora 9 - we run this, too, on some systems,
and it works fine here. To me it seems a sif you missed to install a
few critical packages on your system.

> thinkpad and now I'm not able to compile the kernel. Here is enclosed
> the messages I got during the first steps of compilation:
>  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/sumversion.o
> scripts/mod/sumversion.c: In function "get_src_version":
> scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: "PATH_MAX" undeclared (first use
> in this function)

This probably means that the "kernel-headers" package is missing. Try:
"yum -y install kernel-headers" (running as root).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like
it the least.                         -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield