[U-Boot-Users] 1.3.4-rc2 autoboot timeout - MPC8548

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 1 21:01:14 CEST 2008

In message <489356C6.7020709 at ripcode.com> you wrote:
> Autoboot timeout in 1.3.4-rc2 prints incorrectly on my system.
>
> We have a system based closely off of the mpc8548cds system.  Prior
> builds (1.3.4-rc1) didn't have this problem.  Now during boot, the
> autoboot announcement is incorrect.  It is set for 1 second and actually
> works in 1 second, but the printed statement is wrong.  It says,
> "Autoboot in 2146991868 seconds..."
>
> Any ideas for me?

That's the price you have to pay  for  maintaining  an  out  of  tree
version. If your code had been merged into mainline, it would have
continued to work, I bet.

I guess (and I can only guess, as you did not  provide  any  relevant
information)  that  you  might  be  using  the CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_PROMPT
feature in your config file, and that you  did  not  fix  your  board
config file afterpulling in the latest versions.

Please see the (changed) description of CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_PROMPT in the
README, and check what commit c37207d7 is  doing;  then  implement  a
similar change in your board config file.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Lots of folks confuse bad management with destiny.   -- Frank Hubbard