[U-Boot-Users] Power.org open-firmware/device trees ePAPR reference

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 05:25:04 CEST 2008

David Hawkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just received an email from Power.org referencing this document:
>
> http://www.power.org/resources/downloads/Power_ePAPR_APPROVED_v1.0.pdf
>
>   "The ePAPR is loosely related to the IEEE 1275 Open Firmware
>    standard—IEEE Standard for Boot (Initialization Configuration)
>    Firmware: Core Requirements and Practices."
>
> It looks to have a nice description of device trees.
>
> I see lots of familiar U-Boot developer names in the acknowledgments,
> so I imagine U-Boot is probably compliant with this specification
> already.
>
> Looks like a useful document to reference somewhere on the Denx
> documentation area.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pointer.  I have a collection of useful IEEE-1275 / FDT
pointers on my custodian page and added your reference to the collection:
<http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/U-Boot/UBootFdtInfo#Background_Information_on_Flatte>

Some of these references may deserve a higher visibility location.

Best regards,
gvb