[U-Boot-Users] Question about Bad CRC

Rugunda, Solo Solomon.Rugunda at nov.com
Mon Aug 4 16:35:49 CEST 2008

I have corrected the syntax to CONFIG_PREBOOT. I believe the reason that
I am not seeing the effect of this is I am not able to build the binary
image.

I have sprinkled questions along this email that I hope someone can
assist with

In an earlier reply to me, you (Wolfgang) mentioned that I should be
making this Preboot Change in my own board config file. Which file would
this be? Or under which directory would I find it? (A 3rd Party with
whom we no longer have a contract with designed our software system -
hence all the 'inexperienced' questions)

I believe that the 3rd party that built our system set up environment
variables in at91rm9200dk.h file (the one you said I probably shouldn't
meddle with). The reason I am saying this is because our at91rm9200dk.h
file contains parameters like CONFIG_IPADDR, CONFIG_GATEWAYIP,
CONFIG_HOSTNAME, CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS... etc.
Because of this, my assumption was to go ahead and also define
CONFIG_PREBOOT in this file. Is this fine? Did the 3rd party make a
mistake in defining the environment variables in this file?

Anyway, so I went ahead and defined CONFIG_PREBOOT here. To build this
changes, I built from the u-boot-1.1.4 prompt. Question - is this where
I would build from to incorporate the CONFIG_PREBOOT changes?

I went ahead and run the following commands:
1 - make distclean
2 - make clean
3 - make at91rm9200dk_config
4 - make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-

The build fails saying:
"No rule to make target `hello_world.srec', needed by `all'.  Stop.
Leaving directory `/home/srugunda_backup2/u-boot-1.1.4/examples'

Why is it failing?

I would appreciate any help I can get with the questions in this email.

Thanks.

Solo