[U-Boot-Users] NFS TFTP problem

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:22:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:24 PM, cjjoy1980 <cjjoy1980 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have enabled nfs booting on ppc based embedded board.  I had placed my
> kernel and rootfs in tftp directory, and had set the u-boot enivironment
> varialbes as:
>   setenv bootfile /image/kernel
>   setenv root_path /tftpboot/image
>
> The board was booting with this configuration...
>
> Now I have placed the kernel image and rootfs in /exports directory and have
> set the uboot variables as:
>   setenv bootfile /exports/image/kernel
>   setenv root_path /exports/image
>
> I am not able to boot the board with the above directory.  I am getting the
> error

>       TFTP error: 'File not found' (1)
>       Starting again.
>
> TFTP by default looks for /tftpboot directory.. How can we make the server
> to fetch files apart from the default one??

Your question is completely off-topic and you should put more effort
into figuring out simple problems like this before asking for help.
That said...
Here are three options:
1. Put the files back in /tftpboot
2. Figure out how to configure your TFTP server.  They're usually quite flexible
3. $ ln -s /exports/image /tftpboot/image

regards,
Ben