[U-Boot-Users] bootm as a script -- requires HUSH?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Aug 7 22:25:38 CEST 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In any case, I expoect the total numbers of lines of code in U-Boot to
> go down by quite an amount - for example, if we manage to get rid of
> all the code duplication we have now across architectures.

I doubt this is really going to happen because the majority of code is
specific to the mechanism used to boot a kernel that is arch specific.

(ie, the ePAPR style interface on PPC, the TAGs support on ARM, etc.)

I dont see how we reduce code in that area (since it seems
fundamentally arch specific).

- k