[U-Boot] ARM: net.c: UDP Checksum code failing every packet

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 06:41:44 CEST 2008

Tom Evans wrote:
> Ben Warren wrote:
>> Tom Evans wrote:
>>> Ben Warren wrote:
>> number of steps:
>> 1. $ git clone <repo>  You've done this already
>> 2. <edit/test>
>
> That's the bit I can't do. The u-boot distribution DOESN'T support our
> hardware. I can only test it on our "variant" version of u-boot.

Right, but as you said, this block of code hasn't changed.  Testing what
you can, and posting a patch relative to top-of-tree is OK.
>> 3. $ git commit -a -s (this assumes git knows your name and e-mail.
> > 4. $ git format-patch origin
>
> I could change it in my version (which I have), paste the changes
> untested into the official one then generate patches, but it's an
> untested change.
Yes and no.  The code block is tested.

> It can be tested by anyone working from the official distribution,
> turning CONFIG_UDP_CHECKSUM on for their board and then running tftp.
>
> Which isn't me.

If you post a good patch and it's pulled in, somebody will test this
configuration.
>> True, but you found the bug and made the fix.  There's
> > no way I'm going to post this patch without having the
> > hardware to test it on.  Others
>> may, but it's better if you do it.
>
> I don't have the hardware.
>
> I think it is worth sending a summary of our discussion back to the
> list (excluding the "I'm not meant to be doing this" bit). Have you
> sent anything yet?
Yes, my other response and this one are CC'd to the list, to be archived
in perpetuity and looked at by an infinitesimally small number of people. :)

cheers,
Ben