[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] avr32 update

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 21 10:40:32 CEST 2008

Dear Haavard Skinnemoen,

In message <20080821101416.238191ee at hskinnemo-gx745.norway.atmel.com> you wrote:

> > Ummm... it seems this contains some patches that were never posted to
> > this mailing list?
>
> Yes. Like I said:
>
> > > There are a couple of commits that were never posted to the list. They
> > > are trivial fixes for compile breakage that turned up after I merged
> > > everything together (things like CFG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER recently being
> > > renamed CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER and a couple of format warnings.)
>
> I just didn't want to do another round of review of the small handful
> of one-liners it took to get the new boards into shape. All the boards

You are supposed to check in only patches that have been reviewed on
the list. Yes, I know, sometimes it happens that you fix something and
then forget to send the patch, but the rule is NOT to do that.

All commits are supposed to go  through  the  mailing  list  as  even
simple  one  line  fixes  here  and  there  may  have unexpected side
effects.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
News is what a chap who doesn't care much  about  anything  wants  to
read. And it's only news until he's read it. After that it's dead.
                           - Evelyn Waugh _Scoop_ (1938) bk. 1, ch. 5