[U-Boot] [POWERPC] TQM8272: Fix compiling error for the TQM8272 board.

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Aug 27 13:59:10 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> > You have integrated this NAND driver into the tqm8272.c source file. I
> > suggest you move this at some time into the drivers/mtd/nand directory.
> > Is it a
>
> Why? That are just the boardspecific routines, not a complete NAND driver!

It looks like a complete NAND driver to me. I'm referring to the CPU- /
board-specific part of it. The part in:

#if defined(CONFIG_CMD_NAND)

#include <nand.h>
#include <linux/mtd/mtd.h>

static u8 hwctl = 0;

is what I'm talking about.

> > TQM8272 specific driver? Or is this MPC8xxx specific? From the name of
> > the functions (upm_xxx) this seems to match the already available driver
> > under:
> >
> > drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_upm.c
> >
> > Is it possible that you can use this common FSL-UPM version?
>
> Maybe this is posible, but without the Hardware to try this new
> version, I dont like to make such a "big" change ...

Understood. But at least extracting this driver into a separate file would
help to identify this code as NAND driver. Just my 0.02 $.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de