[U-Boot] network bootp/tftp hang with tsec on MPC8343

JerryVanBaren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Aug 27 17:30:46 CEST 2008

Andre Schwarz wrote:
> Huh - problem solved. It's been a memory setup issue :-(
>
> But I still wonder why the error is forced, i.e. happens more often,
> when using network on u-boot.

If it is a SDRAM (DDR/DDR2) configuration issue, it likely is the DMA
happening from network activity that is aggravating your
misconfiguration.  See especially the state machine part of
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SDRAM>

Using DMA makes addresses and sequences and timings jump around that
simple program execution (especially if you have cache(s) disabled)
doesn't do.

[snip]

> regards,
> Andre