[U-Boot-Users] NAND-based env fails CRC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 22 15:49:53 CET 2008

In message <47BEDD10.10501 at acdstar.com> you wrote:
> I'm successfully booting from NAND flash on the DaVinci EVM, but my
> environment variables fail the CRC.  I get the correct CRC when
> executing the crc32 command on the relocated memory.  This problem
> doesn't occur when running same version (U-Boot-1.3.1) with the
> MontaVista (EABI GCC 3.4.3) tools rather than ELDK 4.1 (GCC 4.0).  Seems
> it may stem from the calling interface (EABI vs. ABI?), but casting

It's IMHO more likely that GCC 4.x has better optimization and
triggers a bug in the code like a missing "volativle" resp. missing or
incorrect use of accessor functions.

It may be worth to try and run latest code...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are  no  substitute  for  a  good
blaster at your side.                                      - Han Solo