[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Feb 23 09:59:31 CET 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200802230117.03679.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger (13):
> >       Blackfin: move bootldr command to common code
> >       Blackfin: convert BFIN_CPU to CONFIG_BFIN_CPU
> >       Blackfin: move on-chip MAC driver into drivers/net/
> >       Blackfin: BF537-stamp: drop board-specific flash driver for CFI
> >       Blackfin: BF537-stamp: cleanup spi flash driver
> >       Blackfin: update MAINTAINERS list
> >       Blackfin: unify cpu and boot modes
> >       Blackfin: new cplbinfo command for viewing cplb tables
> >       Blackfin: add proper ELF markings to some assembly functions
> >       Blackfin: cleanup lib_blackfin/cache.c
> >       Blackfin: cleanup and overhaul common board init functions
> >       smc91111: use SSYNC() rather than asm(ssync) for Blackfin
> >       Blackfin: add error debug to serial driver
>
> Hm... where are these changes coming from?

i'm in the process of merging the u-boot fork that we've been using at
blackfin.uclinux.org

> I don't think any of them have been poosted on the mailing list
> before?

nope

> And things like "new cplbinfo command" don't exactly look like bug
> fixesto me - remember that no merge window is open at the moment, so
> no new stuff may be added, just bugs fixed.

the Blackfin port in u-boot mainline has never worked, so i dont think it's a
big deal ... and i still dont consider the mainline code "supported" until
ive finished syncing all of the changes from the blackfin.uclinux.org svn
into mainline.  at that point, i can shut down our svn and switch it over to
a read-only mirror of the git repo.
-mike