[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Sat Feb 23 23:25:10 CET 2008

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:29:03 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> i understand where you're coming from, and i intend to follow the rules ...
> after Blackfin in mainline is actually usable.  i'm being pragmatic here:
> since Blackfin literrally has never compiled/linked in the mainline releases,
> theres no way i could break it even more.  delaying these updates to make
> mainline Blackfin u-boot usable is only that: delay.

Come on, you know damn well it's not acceptable to add tons of new
features (including, from the look of it, two new commands) this close
to a release.

You should focus on getting the thing to work (why was it merged in the
first place if it didn't work, btw?) not try to achieve feature-parity
with the out-of-tree code.

There are way too many useless commands in the tree as it is, we don't
want even more unreviewed crap sneaking in through the back door.

Haavard