[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 24 01:39:51 CET 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200802231907.22816.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:
> > > you're asking for it to be merged
> > > without any review at all. I don't think that's a good idea.
> >
> > i'm asking for the Blackfin pieces to be merged regardless of "merge
> > window".
>
> I already said "no", and I see no reason to reconsider.

then the Blackfin tree stays broken.  whatever, no skin off my back.

> > i'm making no requests wrt review.  Wolfgang wants it reviewed first --
> > i'm fine with that.  complaining that Blackfin changes are going in that
> > arent "pure fixes" i dont care about (right now).
>
> Hm.. you did read http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/DevelopmentProcess -
> didn't you?

of course i have.  writing out rules is to codify the spirit of the process so
that people can jump in and know how things works.  however, the point of the
rules isnt to have a rigid unchanging methodology, but to keep things flowing
in the spirit: merge windows allow new fun stuff while the non-merge time is
for bugfixes only.  this of course assumes that the tree in question is
stable/usable in the first place.  if it isnt, then there isnt much point to
locking out changes to move it in that direction.
-mike