[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 24 02:37:39 CET 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200802231939.51739.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:
> > of course i have.  writing out rules is to codify the spirit of the
> > process so that people can jump in and know how things works.  however,
> > the point of the rules isnt to have a rigid unchanging methodology, but
> > to keep things flowing in the spirit: merge windows allow new fun stuff
> > while the non-merge time is for bugfixes only.  this of course assumes
> > that the tree in question is stable/usable in the first place.  if it
> > isnt, then there isnt much point to locking out changes to move it in
> > that direction.
>
> The tree in general is actually pretty stable/usable  as  of  now;  I
> know only of a few (minor) problems.
>
> If the BF stuff is in bad shape, then I'm sorry about  this,  but  1)
> you  could  have posted your stuff in the merge window like everybody
> else, or 2) you have  to  wait  until  the  next  merge  window  like
> everybody  else.  I  will not destabilize the whole tree for a single
> architecture.
>
> If you have bug fixes, please go on and post these and I will make
> sure they go in as fast as possible.
>
> But I will not add major new code now.

wrt Blackfin, those statements are conflicting.  fixing the Blackfin tree
involves major new code.  of the changes i posted, only 2 or 3 touch
Blackfin-specific pieces in files outside of Blackfin trees, and do so in a
controlled manner (obj-$(CONFIG) in the Makefiles).  those are not
generally "bugfix" in nature though.

but you dont really care: it's big changes that havent been posted to the
u-boot list for review, only been reviewed in the Blackfin fork on
blackfin.uclinux.org by our team / customers over the last year.
-mike