[U-Boot-Users] Building U-Boot for X86 Target

Bhaskar abc.bhaskar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:44:42 CET 2008

Dear List,

Regrets to post the first question as a naive user.

I downloaded the U-Boot source code.  In order to build it for the x86
target, I tried following commands.

make x86_config, make x86_config

But the make stops saying that no such rule to make.  In the Makefile of the
sources I found that i386 target is located but no rules had been mentioned
to make it.

Somebody just guide me towards building the U-Boot for building to x86
architecture.  I am not having special embedded board and so I am planning
to use x86 as the target.

Regards.