[U-Boot-Users] Please pull 85xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 2 16:12:13 CET 2008

Dear Andy,

in message <2acbd3e40712291349u73982ccdub087eb4d90d88369 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Please keep the custodian's repositories separated and  allow  me  to
> > decide what to pull, and when.
>

> I understand, completely.  It's a messy problem.  I made sure to alert you
> to this so that you would have the opportunity to hold off on pulling my
> tree in the event you wanted more time to look at the FDT tree.

I understand your situation, too.

> Anyway, I'm fine with whatever policy we want to follow.  But if this
> happens again, I'd like to know what to do.   :)  I can always just create a
> side tree which has the latest state of development, while I wait for any
> dependent changes to propagate into the mainline.

Well, let's try this:

If your work depends on patches from another  repo,  please  ask  the
custodian  of  this other repo to send a pull request, and ask him to
mention in his pull request that this is urgent becasue  ...  depends
on it.

I will try to pull such things into testing ASAP.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Houston, Tranquillity Base here.  The Eagle has landed.
                                                    -- Neil Armstrong