[U-Boot-Users] Please pull 85xx

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Wed Jan 2 19:04:15 CET 2008

Dear Wolfgang,
you wrote:

*snip*
>> Anyway, I'm fine with whatever policy we want to follow.  But if this
>> happens again, I'd like to know what to do.   :)  I can always just create a
>> side tree which has the latest state of development, while I wait for any
>> dependent changes to propagate into the mainline.
>
> Well, let's try this:
>
> If your work depends on patches from another  repo,  please  ask  the
> custodian  of  this other repo to send a pull request, and ask him to
> mention in his pull request that this is urgent becasue  ...  depends
> on it.

I guess I'm still a bit confused about the process. So in case of inter-repo
dependencies, would you like something like the following?

1. ask the involved custodian(s) to merge my pieces that I depend on, but that
belong to different FA, and have them send pull requests to you

2. you merge those onto the testing branch

Should I then rebase against the testing repo, or wait until it makes to the
main line and only then come up with my pull request? (as there's a general
rule for pull requests to be based on the main line..). Please clarfiy.

kind regards,
Rafal