[U-Boot-Users] NAND driver updates

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Thu Jan 10 00:03:05 CET 2008

Hi Stefan,

I tested your updated NAND repo on a PLU405 board (405EP with small block NAND attached to EBC+GPIOs).

I found two more issues and incompatibilities against the current mainline code:

1) The new code is much more noisy during startup:
Old:
DRAM:  32 MB
FLASH:  1 MB
NAND:  32 MiB
PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int

New:
FLASH:  1 MB
NAND:  NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0x75 (Samsung NAND 32MiB 3,3V 8-bit)
Scanning device for bad blocks
Bad eraseblock 261 at 0x00414000
Bad eraseblock 352 at 0x00580000
Bad eraseblock 846 at 0x00d38000
Bad eraseblock 848 at 0x00d40000
32 MiB
PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int

Perhaps we should calme is down by using the option 'CFG_NAND_QUIET_TEST'.
Also the formatting of the output is not very pretty.

2) 'nand read.jffs2' and 'nand read.i' do not read anything.
'nand read' is ok. Are there any boards where you tested this ok?

Matthias