[U-Boot-Users] NAND driver updates

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jan 10 06:45:01 CET 2008

Hi Matthias,

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> I tested your updated NAND repo on a PLU405 board (405EP with small block
> NAND attached to EBC+GPIOs).
>
> I found two more issues and incompatibilities against the current mainline
> code:
>
> 1) The new code is much more noisy during startup:
> Old:
> DRAM:  32 MB
> FLASH:  1 MB
> NAND:  32 MiB
> PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
>
> New:
> FLASH:  1 MB
> NAND:  NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0x75 (Samsung NAND
> 32MiB 3,3V 8-bit) Scanning device for bad blocks
> Bad eraseblock 261 at 0x00414000
> Bad eraseblock 352 at 0x00580000
> Bad eraseblock 846 at 0x00d38000
> Bad eraseblock 848 at 0x00d40000
> 32 MiB
> PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
>
> Perhaps we should calme is down by using the option 'CFG_NAND_QUIET_TEST'.
> Also the formatting of the output is not very pretty.

Yes, we should remove those lines. I suggest to use debug() for here, so that
they are printed when DEBUG is defined.

> 2) 'nand read.jffs2' and 'nand read.i' do not read anything.
> 'nand read' is ok. Are there any boards where you tested this ok?

No, I didn't test this. IIRC there is still a TODO in the source that this
still has to be implemented/tested. It shouldn't be that hard though. I would
really appreciate it if you (or somebody else) could take a look at this.

Thanks.

BTW: I'm not available today.

Best regards,
Stefan