[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot versions

gvb.uboot gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 01:03:20 CET 2008

k b wrote:
> Gerald,
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I have had a 1.1.3  running on a board for 3+ yrs now, and i might add with any problems.
> Now as I'm moving to a newer version of the board I'm evaluating the effort level vs extra features that newer version of uboot gets me.
> hence the reason of finding out whats in the newer version of u-boot.
>
> So to reiterate where can i find this information about feature/bug fixes per release.
> Thanks
> Kunal

Hi Kunal,

Short answer: Lots.  What are you looking for?

Long answer:
	git log
	grep -A 2 U_BOOT_CMD common/cmd*.c

You can also read the CHANGELOG in the top u-boot directory.  The
changelog is split into one prior to 1.1.5 which was manually maintained
and the recent one which is generated from git log.

You will likely find that none of the above is a satisfactory answer.
The problem is, u-boot is driven by individuals "scratching their
itches" so it is a rolling, moving target that keeps getting features
added to it.  Nobody really cares what features were in the last
version, they care about whether the current version they are using
meets their needs.

Are you are happy with your current 1.1.3 version?  I'm assuming that
isn't the case, since you are asking this question.

What capabilities are you looking for that 1.1.3 doesn't have?  If you
ask specific questions, you will be more likely to get specific answers.
  Also, let us know what processor and board you are using.

Best regards,
gvb