[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] better ARM9 compileroptions

Peter Pearse peter.pearse at arm.com
Tue Jan 22 14:25:40 CET 2008

Wolfgang

> For example, is above intended to mean "I ack your patch." or shall it
> mean: "Please ack your patch!"

Sorry.

I meant

" I see you have posted a patch and will add it to my list of patches to
consider"

I assume "I ack your patch" is what I should have sent.

> For example, I did not receive a pull request for the ARM
> repository for the merge window which just ended, even though
> we extended it for a couple of weeks, and even though I
> explicitely asked you for it.

Sorry again - I thought this was it:-

>> Dear Peter,
>>
>> in message <000001c85208$e6725e10$9a4d010a at Emea.Arm.com> you wrote:
>> >
>> >  	Please pull from git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-arm.git
>> >
>> > This is the apollon port
>> > - tested on apollon by Kyungmin Park
>> > - MAKEALL tested by Peter Pearse
>>
>> Done, thanks.
>>
>> But please pay more attention to the Coding style. There was C++ comments
in include/configs/apollon.h, trailing white space in
>> include/configs/apollon.h, indentation not by TABs in
board/apollon/lowlevel_init.S etc. ...

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Wolfgang Denk

> I would appreciate if you could at least comment  on  how  we
>  should continue  with the ARM custodianship: is it likely
> that the situation will improve soon, or is it for some
> reason more likely that you  wil not be able to become a more
> active ARM custodian?

I was hoping to.....

> Do you think  that  splitting  responsibility  would  help
> you?  For example,  Harald  suggested  to  take
> responsibility for the s3c24xx related parts of the code -
> would  this  help  you?  Assume  we  find volunteers  for
> other  SoC's  - would this enable you to become more active
> with the remaining parts of ARM maintainance?

I welcome any offers of help.

> Frankly, if you don't have enough time or interest to
> actually  work as  a  custodian, we should probably accept
> this fact and try to find somebody else who could take over this work?

Regards

Peter