[U-Boot-Users] latest (1.3.1) doesn't compile: Makefile issue

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Wed Jan 23 21:16:44 CET 2008

Tales Toledo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I saw a previous discussion but I think main reason why 1.3.1 doesn't
> compile is different from mentioned there.
> I had the same error trying to compile to EP88x with eldk 3.1 toolchains.
>
> It seems that /common/Makefile conditional CONFIG_CMD_FLASH isn't working fine.
> It should be set at previous configuration files like config.mk but it
> is just set at header files.
>
> I just change the line as follow I got it work.
>
> #COBJS-$(CONFIG_CMD_FLASH) += cmd_flash.o
> COBJS-y += cmd_flash.o
>
> I'm not familiar with this new Makefile style since I have used old
> u-boot versions.
> Any help to make this work properly is appreciated.

The line you commented-out is the _new_ U-Boot
Makefile style.  Expect much, much more of it!

If your port needs the cmd_flash file, then you
need to ensure that CONFIG_CMD_FLASH is #define'd
in your port config .h file.  Then, ensure that it
is also appearing in the autoconf.mk file after it
is generated too.

jdl