[U-Boot-Users] latest (1.3.1) doesn't compile: Makefile issue

Tales Toledo toledo.tales at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:40:41 CET 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 6:16 PM, Jon Loeliger <jdl at freescale.com> wrote:

> Tales Toledo wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I saw a previous discussion but I think main reason why 1.3.1 doesn't
> > compile is different from mentioned there.
> > I had the same error trying to compile to EP88x with eldk 3.1 toolchains.
> >
> > It seems that /common/Makefile conditional CONFIG_CMD_FLASH isn't working fine.
> > It should be set at previous configuration files like config.mk but it
> > is just set at header files.
> >
> > I just change the line as follow I got it work.
> >
> > #COBJS-$(CONFIG_CMD_FLASH) += cmd_flash.o
> > COBJS-y += cmd_flash.o
> >
> > I'm not familiar with this new Makefile style since I have used old
> > u-boot versions.
> > Any help to make this work properly is appreciated.
> >

> The line you commented-out is the _new_ U-Boot
> Makefile style.  Expect much, much more of it!
>
> If your port needs the cmd_flash file, then you
> need to ensure that CONFIG_CMD_FLASH is #define'd
> in your port config .h file.

EP88x.h includes config_cmd_defaults.h and CONFIG_CMD_FLASH is defined there.

  Then, ensure that it
> is also appearing in the autoconf.mk file after it
> is generated too.

I didn't see any include/autoconf.mk file, only
include/autoconf.mk.dep and it was empty.

toledo at work:~/toledo/u-boot$ make all
Generating include/autoconf.mk
ppc_8xx-gcc: compilation of header file requested
for dir in tools examples ; do make -C $dir _depend ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/toledo/u-boot/tools'
ln -s ../common/environment.c environment.c
ln -s ../lib_generic/crc32.c crc32.c
ln -s ../lib_generic/sha1.c sha1.c

tt