[U-Boot-Users] TSEC/PHY @ MPC834x stopped working

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Jul 2 17:41:31 CEST 2008

Kim Phillips wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:36:11 +0200
> Andre Schwarz <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:
>
>> Ben,
>>
>> thanks for your quick reply.
>> Looks like you're right - nothing changed regarding network yet.
>>
>> Maybe it's a cpu specific problem.
>> Kim ? Can you help here ?
>>

> I know of nothing (barring this being the ETHADDR not specified
> problem) that could have caused this. Can you try using git-bisect?
>
> Kim

Some people were caught by the somewhat recent requirement for an
/aliases node and properties pointing to the "real" ethernet node (which
is a Good Thing[tm] because it makes the code board agnostic, pushes the
board configuration into the .dts where it belongs).

I don't associate Andre's assertion:
> Obviously the MII interface stopped working, i.e. all reads give 0xFF.
with the symptoms caused by a missing /aliases node.  Maybe, maybe not,
could be my lack of experience.

Best regards,
gvb