[U-Boot-Users] TSEC/PHY @ MPC834x stopped working

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Wed Jul 2 18:05:10 CEST 2008

Jerry,

I don't understand this.

The code is far from using the device tree - the dtb is fetched by tftp
right after bootp.

 It's the initial bootp/dhcp that doesn't work....

regards,
Andre

Jerry Van Baren schrieb:
> Kim Phillips wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:36:11 +0200
>> Andre Schwarz <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Ben,
>>>
>>> thanks for your quick reply.
>>> Looks like you're right - nothing changed regarding network yet.
>>>
>>> Maybe it's a cpu specific problem.
>>> Kim ? Can you help here ?
>>>

>> I know of nothing (barring this being the ETHADDR not specified
>> problem) that could have caused this. Can you try using git-bisect?
>>
>> Kim
>
> Some people were caught by the somewhat recent requirement for an
> /aliases node and properties pointing to the "real" ethernet node
> (which is a Good Thing[tm] because it makes the code board agnostic,
> pushes the board configuration into the .dts where it belongs).
>
> I don't associate Andre's assertion:
>> Obviously the MII interface stopped working, i.e. all reads give 0xFF.
> with the symptoms caused by a missing /aliases node.  Maybe, maybe
> not, could be my lack of experience.
>
> Best regards,
> gvb

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner