[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: drivers/mtd/jedec_flash.c (typo)

Jerry Hicks hickswgjr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 02:55:00 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message <48644421.9000108 at gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > I noticed that the device id for AMD flash part AM29DL800BB is wrong.
> >
> > Attached patch corrects it.
> > -#define AM29DL800BB  0x22C8
> > +#define AM29DL800BB  0x22CB
>
> Hmmmm... I have but an old data sheet (Nov 2000) for this chip, which
> indeed says 22CB. But then, even the current Linux kernel tree has
> 22C8.
>
> Can anybody with access to  real  hardware  /  current  documentation
> comment?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

(I had a connectivity "burp" earlier when sending a  reply.
 Please excuse if double-posted)

We were using a custom driver written by Andy Lowe of Montavista.
He had a #define local to our flash.c implementation when I noticed
the discrepancy between his local definition and the one in the u-boot
header.

On our hardware it works with 0x22CB but not with 0x22C8.

The current documentation from Spansion also shows it as 0x22CB.

http://www.spansion.com/datasheets/21519c4.pdf

Cheers,

Jerry.