[U-Boot-Users] BDI3000 and PPC460GT board

vb vb at vsbe.com
Wed Jul 9 19:37:57 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to control the amcc glacier (evkit460gt) eval board with a
BDI3000, using the config file from
ftp://78.31.64.234/bdigdb/config/powerpc/ppc4xx/ppc440/evkit460gt.cfg
(modulo my local IP/tftp configuration).

The problem is that the board fails to run under the BDI control, and
runs just fine without it.

When looking closer I see that the bdi resets the board properly and
takes it all the way to the point where the TLBs are set and the rfi
instruction is executed to jump out of the original 4k window. At this
point a TLB exception is thrown, that is it loos like TLB programming
'did not take' while under BDI control. So, if I just reset the board
and let it run, it keeps cycling through TLB error exception as no
memory other than the top 4k bytes is accessible. Again, it works just
fine without the BDI.

Any hints and suggestions will be highly appreciated,

TIA,
Vadim