[U-Boot-Users] BDI3000 and PPC460GT board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jul 9 20:40:10 CEST 2008

Hi Vadim,

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, vb wrote:
> I am trying to control the amcc glacier (evkit460gt) eval board with a
> BDI3000, using the config file from
> ftp://78.31.64.234/bdigdb/config/powerpc/ppc4xx/ppc440/evkit460gt.cfg
> (modulo my local IP/tftp configuration).

I attached my local version for you. Perhaps this works better. It works here
fine on my Glacier.

> The problem is that the board fails to run under the BDI control, and
> runs just fine without it.
>
> When looking closer I see that the bdi resets the board properly and
> takes it all the way to the point where the TLBs are set and the rfi
> instruction is executed to jump out of the original 4k window. At this
> point a TLB exception is thrown, that is it loos like TLB programming
> 'did not take' while under BDI control. So, if I just reset the board
> and let it run, it keeps cycling through TLB error exception as no
> memory other than the top 4k bytes is accessible. Again, it works just
> fine without the BDI.
>
> Any hints and suggestions will be highly appreciated,

What command are you using to "control" the PPC? "reset halt" will run you
initialization from the script and halt the PPC. "reset run" will skip this
init and give just run the PPC (hopefully to the U-Boot prompt).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de