[U-Boot-Users] PATCH for U-Boot 1.3.3 DHCP fails withnetgearWGR614v6

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 01:12:34 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <4877E18C.2040102 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>
>> Robin Getz wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri 11 Jul 2008 18:05, Ben Warren pondered:

> Hm... this looks as if there was some longer discussion, but I cannot
> find any traces of this on the mailing list.
>
> Would be interesting to know what you discussed. At least if it should
> result in any changes to the existing code.

Strange - there was plenty of inane conversation between gvb and myself,
but the list was always CC'd.  It shows up on gmane:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot

Essentially, Robin found a bug whereby the DHCP client is responding to
ARP requests before all the handshaking is finished, causing his new
Netgear router to NAK the overall request.

Hopefully you can follow the thread, otherwise I'll be happy to fill you in.

regards,
Ben