[U-Boot-Users] PATCH for U-Boot 1.3.3 DHCP fails withnetgearWGR614v6

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 12 16:17:33 CEST 2008

In message <4877E8E2.70506 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Hm... this looks as if there was some longer discussion, but I cannot
> > find any traces of this on the mailing list.
> >
> > Would be interesting to know what you discussed. At least if it should
> > result in any changes to the existing code.
> >
> Strange - there was plenty of inane conversation between gvb and myself,
> but the list was always CC'd.  It shows up on gmane:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot

Yes, but above quote shows at least three messages from Robin which did
not make it to the list.

Actually I cannot even find the initial posting (by Robin?) of this
thread.

> Essentially, Robin found a bug whereby the DHCP client is responding to
> ARP requests before all the handshaking is finished, causing his new
> Netgear router to NAK the overall request.
>
> Hopefully you can follow the thread, otherwise I'll be happy to fill you in.

Sorry, with parts of the communication missing it's difficult to
follow.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No user-servicable parts inside. Refer to qualified service personnel.