[U-Boot-Users] Possibilities of board specific POST code polluting post/test.c

selvamuthukumar v v.selvamuthukumar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:36:28 CEST 2008

I was working on adding POST to a custom board. Whenever I define a
board specific post function, I've to extern that function in
post/test.c to make it compile.

Say, I added the following line in my board configuration file, and
I've to add the line `extern int simple_post_test(int);' to make it
compile.

#define CONFIG_POST_BSPEC1 {\
        "Simple Test",\
        "simple_test",\
        "BSPEC POST",\
        POST_RAM | POST_MANUAL,\
        &simple_post_test,\
        NULL,\
        NULL,\
        CFG_POST_BSPEC1\
        }

Why don't we have predefined function names for board specific POSTs?
This will prevent from everyone touching post/tests.c when they are
have to use POST_BSPEC.

Or, am I missing a way to compile my code without touching post/tests.c?

--
Selva