[U-Boot-Users] How to call rtc_init from arm boot sequence in uboot

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Wed Jul 16 10:07:59 CEST 2008

HI all,

I am working on customized arm9 versatile board.

I am trying to write a driver for arm amba pl031 rtc module. i need to
setup rtc controller to enable it.
I need to call it during boot sequence. But in lib_arm/board.c we do not
have a call to rtc_init func.
i checked blackfin boot up sequence and they have something like below
in uboot-1.3.3/lib_blackfin/board.c @ line 315

	checkboard();
#if defined(CONFIG_RTC_BFIN) && defined(CONFIG_CMD_DATE)
	rtc_init();
#endif
	timer_init();

Shouldnt it be implemented for arm boot up sequence also.

Can i implement the same and send the patch to uboot. something like
below in uboot-1.3.3/lib_arm/board.c @ line 267

#if defined(CONFIG_DISPLAY_BOARDINFO)
	checkboard,		/* display board info */
#endif
#if defined(CONFIG_RTC_PL031) && defined(CONFIG_CMD_DATE)
	rtc_init();
#endif
#if defined(CONFIG_HARD_I2C) || defined(CONFIG_SOFT_I2C)
	init_func_i2c,
#endif

Thanks in advance

Regards