[U-Boot-Users] Question about Bad CRC

Rugunda, Solo Solomon.Rugunda at nov.com
Wed Jul 16 16:51:26 CEST 2008

Wolfgang

Thanks for the help so far. Ok. A little background. I'm completely new
to the boot loader myself. The company that developed the prototype for
us was a third party who we do not have a contract with anymore so the
"new guy" is stuck trying to figure out what is going on.

It looks like they defined the environment variables (ip address,
hostname etc) in the /include/configs/at91rm9200dk.h.  From your
previous email, I gathered that they probably should not have done this
(meddle with this file). Or maybe there I could be getting something
wrong somewhere. Not entirely sure which the board config file is but
there are 2 files I suspect, the first is the fw_env.h ( I guess this
the header file - should I define the preboot there?) or the other
config file is under etc / fw_env.config but has only one line in it
"/dev/mtd2       0x0000 0x10000 0x20000"

Anyway, the way I see it, since they defined the environment variables
in /include/configs/at91rm9200dk.h and it has been working fine (bar the
bad crc), maybe I should just go ahead and define the config preboot
there as well. A couple of questions if I do this:

1.	Will the command be seen or picked up from here? And if not?
Where will it be picked up?
2.	What exactly will the command do?
3.	Is this the correct syntax: #define CONFIG_PREBOOT "setenv
preboot 'setenv preboot;saveenv';"    Or do I have too many quotation
marks in here?

Thanks a lot

Solomon