[U-Boot-Users] nand_oobinfo for 1Gbyte nand flash with oobsize=512

Stuart Wood stuart.wood at labxtechnologies.com
Mon Jul 21 23:18:16 CEST 2008

Thanks Claudio for the information,

I've taken a look at the data sheet and it does not fit the typical
large page flash, but It does not mean its not supported under Linux
which is were the FLASH subsystem in U-Boot comes from. Neither am I
familiar with the open nand flash interface onfi.org. BUT this should
not be too difficult to add to u-boot or the Linux's MTD layer. The
hardest part is the odd OOB size. It's 10 Bytes longer than twice the
large page size.

Look at the MTD pages for help porting
"http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/nand.html"

Good Luck