[U-Boot-Users] [yes, i tried rtfming docs]u-boot on x86, how to?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 26 23:29:27 CEST 2008

In message <faf3083f0807261131t57aa2d05ib1f8a4c85960266d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> sudo tar xjvf u-boot-1.3.3.tar.bz2 -C /usr/src
>
> then i tried:
>
> make distclean canyonlands_config all
> (as i read at http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootConfiguration )

You mention "u-boot on x86" in the subjct - are you aware that the
Canyonlands board is not x86, but PPC?

What you should do is:

	make distclean
	make canyonlands_config
	make all

Do not try to perform all there steps in a single call to make - this
cannot work.

> mbdev-deb:/usr/src/u-boot-1.3.3# make distclean canyonlands_config all
> Configuring for canyonlands board...
> System not configured - see README
> make: ** [all] Erro 1

This is caused by your incorrect call to make - see above.

> also, as you all can easely see, i was not able to 'configure' the system
> i tried many other things in a 'adhoc' way and i still not able to
> handle this :(

Please read the manual - it describes step by step what to do.
If you had follwed the examples, aboveerror could have been avoided.
See http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/Manual?stickboard=canyonlands

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.
	-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.7