[U-Boot-Users] [yes, i tried rtfming docs]u-boot on x86, how to?

Geraldo Netto geraldonetto at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 03:23:33 CEST 2008

Hi :)

regarding ppc boards,oh, i didn't know that
actually i'm a 22yo newbie guy which is interested in u-boot
because i do study information systems in Brazil and i'm doing a
linux distro for thin clients(as a final course project->monograph+software)
and i got interested in u-boot because it seems the *correct*
bootloader for my project
ie: it seems far smaller than other ones and at once offers many features :)
and i also studied/setup grub/lilo/syslinux :)
i need to compare bootloaders and write down the features of each one and show
which bootloader is better for each case
ie: which one has 'best' features for diskless boot;
which one is better for local boot(size, 'dinamyc configuration(ie:
pass parameter on the fly)',...,...;

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Geraldo
São Paulo, Brasil, -3gmt