[U-Boot-Users] [yes, i tried rtfming docs]u-boot on x86, how to?

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:14:14 CEST 2008

Hi Geraldo,
your final course project appear very interesting.

As others guys already said porting U-Boot to your board is a hard
work. Verifying Makefile I found for i386 only AMD SC520 boards are
supported.

I think you can use coreboot (formerly LinuxBIOS) and FILO to boot your board.

If your thin client board is not supported
(http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards) you can use VIA
pc2500 board that is being mass produced here in Brazil and is cheap.

You can use this tutorial as start point if you don't have a supported hardware:
http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial

Best Regards,

Alan