[U-Boot-Users] Booting hangs after tranferring control from Uboot to Linux Kernel

Qin, Laigui (GE EntSol, Security) laigui.qin at ge.com
Mon Jun 2 16:00:00 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am new here. Currently, I am facing a problem when using bootm to boot
linux from uboot: the booting hangs after tranferring control from Uboot
to Linux Kernel. However, I found that the linux kernel setup works well
with the Uboot 1.2.0, while fail with the latest Uboot 1.3.2/1.3.3. In
Uboot 1.2.0: Kernel is entered through the following calling
         theKernel (linux_argc, linux_argv, linux_env, 0);
while in Uboot 1.3.2:
         (*kernel) (kbd, initrd_start, initrd_end, cmd_start, cmd_end);

Any suggestion to make the Uboot 1.3.2 works the same as Uboot 1.2.0?

And I was told that "with the older u-boots you don't pass the dtb, with
the new commands you use a - as a place holder: bootm $loadkernaddr -
$loaddtbaddr." Can anyone explain some detail about this?

Thanks,

Mike Qin