[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Compilation error

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Jun 10 16:29:51 CEST 2008

Vijay Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile uboot version 1.1.3 for ppc_870 board with the
> following settings
> bash$ export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx-
> bash$ export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/eldk/bin:/opt/eldk/usr/bin
>
> But I am getting following error:
>
> make txc870_config

What does the command "which make" say?  Are you running the "make"
program that you expect?

What does "make --version" say?

FWIIW, on my debian system I see (note that we are using the native make
to do the cross compile):

$ which make
/usr/bin/make

$ make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i486-pc-linux-gnu

Best regards,
gvb