[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Compilation error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 10 20:20:43 CEST 2008

In message <2bdb3520806100629v5c07575ai2dde17f305a00e1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to compile uboot version 1.1.3 for ppc_870 board with the

There is no such board as "ppc_870" in the U-Boot source tree.

> make txc870_config

There is no such target as "txc870" in the U-Boot source tree.

> unrecognized option
> make:  *** [txc870_config] Error 1

It seemd your Makefile was modified, and bugs introduced.

> I added following lines in the Makefile to support my eval ppc870 board
> (txc870)

This is not sufficient to port U-Boot for new hardware. Please read
the README and the other documentation.

> Also I tried for AMX860 with the following command
> make AMX860_config
>
> but got the same result...

This is then a result of your incorrect modigications. The unmodified
1.1.3 U-Boot source tree builds just fine.

> ------=_Part_18146_561575.1213104560034

Please never post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Here's a fish hangs in the net like a poor man's right in  the  law.
'Twill hardly come out."     - Shakespeare, Pericles, Act II, Scene 1