[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot with SDRAM more than 128 MB

VinaySandeep vinaysandeep at signal-networks.com
Thu Jun 12 06:46:55 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Brief: we are using U-Boot-1.1.3 on MPC866P processor along with 512 MB SDRAM on multiple banks.

Details:
CS 1 -- 128 MB
CS 4 -- 128 MB
CS 6 -- 128 MB
CS 7 -- 128 MB

Problem:
U-Boot is unable to execute the code if it is configured to banks apart from CS 1. Other way: U-Boot can bring the pheripherals and CLI interface only with CS 1 (bank 1).

Analysis:
We could trace the U-Boot code using a BDI debugger and find out that the U-Boot is able to relocate the code to the SDRAM address and then call the "blr" intrustion, then system hangs.

Hoping for help ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Vinay Sandeep.