[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot with SDRAM more than 128 MB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 12 08:48:01 CEST 2008

In message <005401c8cc47$5751ebb0$1c01a8c0 at signet> you wrote:

> Brief: we are using U-Boot-1.1.3 on MPC866P processor along with 512 MB
> SDRAM on multiple banks.

Should be no problem if done properly.

> Problem:
> U-Boot is unable to execute the code if it is configured to banks apart
> from CS 1. Other way: U-Boot can bring the pheripherals and CLI
> interface only with CS 1 (bank 1).

This statement is wrong.

U-Boot is perfectly able to do this.

It is your port of U-Boot which has problems, i. e. the bugs are in
the code you added/modified resp. in your configuration.

> Analysis:
> We could trace the U-Boot code using a BDI debugger and find out that
> the U-Boot is able to relocate the code to the SDRAM address and then
> call the "blr" intrustion, then system hangs.

And you read the FAQ, didn't you?

> ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C8CC75.70EB2E00

Please never post HTML on this list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Include the success of others in your dreams for your own success.