[U-Boot-Users] Silent console enhancement patch

Steven A. Falco sfalco at harris.com
Mon Jun 16 18:45:12 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Why isn't "silent" defined as needed  in  your  defualkt  environment
> that gets used when there is no valid environment?
>
> The easiest way is  set  up  everything  as  needed,  or  example  by
> including  the  environment  sector(s)  with  the U-Boot image (i. e.
> chosing a configuration which uses ENV_IS_EMBEDDED).

Thank you!  I believe ENV_IS_EMBEDDED will do what I need.  I had based
my bsp on sequoia, which did not have this set.

Also, I had a misconception about ENV_IS_EMBEDDED - I had thought it
meant that the environment was permanently part of the text segment,
which would not be good for me.  But after studying the code, I now
understand that ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is only for the initial environment.

I would like to withdraw my patch.

I would still like to pursue my proposed "setenv.patch" - that one
changes setenv() to return an integer rather than void.  If you have any
comments on it, please let me know.

    Thanks again,
    Steve