[U-Boot-Users] Silent console enhancement patch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 17 06:17:57 CEST 2008

In message <48569898.6060005 at harris.com> you wrote:

> Also, I had a misconception about ENV_IS_EMBEDDED - I had thought it
> meant that the environment was permanently part of the text segment,

It has nothing to do with the  text  segment  itself,  but  with  the
location of the environment relative to the test segment.

> which would not be good for me.  But after studying the code, I now
> understand that ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is only for the initial environment.

No, it is for the regulatr envrionment, not for the default copy which
is part of the data segment.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare  a  good  impromptu
speech.                                                  - Mark Twain